Saturday, May 09, 2009

Toothless grin....

Nope-not baby grins yet!!

My firstborn lost his first tooth today-sob!! These kids sure know how to get you when you're already emotional! I can remember when he was getting that tiny sliver of pearl in his little gums, and now there's a big gaping hole in his grin!

He has insisted for about a week now that he had a loose tooth, but I really couldn't tell, and, as one of his soccer teammates just lost a tooth, I just thought he was wishing out loud.

We were visiting his Great Grandma Ulmer today (otherwise known to my children as Grandma and Grandpa of no hills, to differentiate from Grandma and Grandpa Ulmer ON the hill!!) and Jesse was playing with his tooth. I was occupied with Wyatt. Suddenly, Grandma said "that sure surprised you, didn't it?" I looked up, puzzled. Jesse exclaimed "I lost my tooth!" Sure enough, he was holding a sliver of a tooth out to me (they look soo teeny and innocuous when out, don't they?) Grandma said it was sooo funny-he was standing in front of her, messing with his mouth, and suddenly, he had the biggest look of shock on his face ever!! Wish I hadn't missed that expression!!

She put his tooth in an envelope so I wouldn't lose it, and made sure to give me two loonies for the toothfairy to leave for him!

Pretty exciting, though it's making me feel all teary and weepy at the same time!!!

No comments: