Monday, May 04, 2009

Not Yet.....




Me at 37 weeks, 5 days. I sewed this top from Jalie's Twist Top pattern, after being inspired by Emilie's posts of her pregnancy and the tops she sewed-I LOVE Jalie's patterns-SOOO easy and quick and fun-their pattern support is top notch too, AND they're Canadian!


I keep meaning to post, but time is flying by so fast, and there's so much to do-always. Yeah, yeah, I know not much of an excuse, but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!


I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by-things have been really uneventful with the pregnancy, which is very good-now if only life would quit smackin' me upside the head, I'd be happy! So many stressful things keep happening, and I'm having a really hard time dealing with them right now-I just really, really want the whole world to get lost and just let me take care of, and enjoy, my family and this new little one on the way. I really, really do. If anyone knows of a huge, virtual "DO NOT DISTURB" sign I can hang on my forehead, and my life in general, please point me in it's direction. While you're at it, if you know of a cleaning fairy, send her my way too-my house is a complete disaster zone, and you may have to dig me out of an avalanche of baby clothes....I'm so not good at decluttering those, though when I was going thru them this weekend, I was sorely tempted to toss everything and start over! LOL!
Don't even get me started on needing to pack my hospital bag!! Not even close!! And I still need to get some depends underwear, so we're not grabbing them on the way to the hospital, like with Tabitha (and I'm sorry dear readers if that is TMI for some of you-but they really are awesome for right after baby's arrival-one of the neatest tips I've ever learned from the wonderful, caring and clever midwives I get to see!)


I'm so not ready to have this baby-usually by this stage of pregnancy I'm impatient and can't wait-but I'm so not ready. I just want to sit and feel this lil one squirm and kick and figure out how to remember these days forever-everything about it-like sweet little Wyatt kissing my tummy (and baby kicking back!) and Jesse asking when exactly baby is going to arrive, and Tabitha rubbing my tummy and saying "baby really likes that!" (esp when baby responds with a foot showing kind of kick!)-who knows if I'll have any more, and I so don't want to miss a second of pregnancy-it's like a really cool opportunity to help God with a miracle and it's so special. Don't get me wrong, I'm really starting to ponder what this new lil one will look like, who s/he will be (and I'm truly excited to find out if it's a girl or boy!!) If anyone cares to post a guess in the comments, on gender and date of arrival, that would be fun!


I promised in my last post some pix of sewing, so here's a couple:





(Coming home outfits for baby-I thought they were pretty gender neutral. Gotta love those lil giraffes! : ) )
Me at 37 weeks 3 days. Tummy measures 39" around! This is the Criss Cross top, also from Jalie. It doubles as a nursing top!! Soo clever!!


(a bare belly tummy shot!)


I've sewn much more actually-some newborn diapers, and an Easter dress for Tabitha that turned out pretty cool (I LOVE my serger, sooo much!!) Also some Stellar Transitions training pants for Wyatt, and a couple more Jalie-maternity but not really maternity tops too. Some wipes, and mama pads as well. Wish I could've sewn more though, actually.


Adding to the list of things I have actually accomplished, I have put about a good month and a half's worth of meals in the freezer, using Fix, Freeze, Feast-a really neato cookbook I borrowed from the library.

I also need to post about Jesse's soccer, and his 6th birthday party, but I think I'll save that for another day-YAY for retro blogging! LOL!


At least now I've posted, everyone knows a) I didn't fall off the face of the Earth (just wish I had!) and b) nope, no baby yet. Will try and post shortly after s/he arrives!

4 comments:

Lori-Dawn said...

You look SO GOOD!!! So ummm, are you selling any of those tops you made?? I absolutely love the criss cross one, did you just buy the pattern or is it online?? I'm sure I could convince my mil to make me one! lol
I'm so glad you got recent belly shots! I'm so disappointed I couldn't find my camera to take some of myself...oh well...next time!
Glad to see you posting, it's the only time I get to keep up with your life other than tidbits. I so wish I lived closer to you!
I hope your week is wonderful and that your stress falls off the face of the earth...I really do!
Hugs!

Vanessa said...

Lori Dawn-you always make me smile!! Thank you sooo much!!! Not sure that I could sell the tops-not that confident as a seamstress yet, LOL!!! But thanks soo much!! If you wanted the patterns, I think I may have extras around here-you should get me your new address, and I could send one your way...

Lisa said...

I *love* those tops!!! Of course you make them look good! :)

Can't wait to hear the big news when its time

mamazee said...

Very cute sewing projects- you did a great job! i will have to go look at Jalie patterns now :) - i'm wishing for a plastic snap setter right now...
You look adorable and your tummy is a perfect little round ball - you still are so small! Don't know how you do it! But i will be so excited to see pictures of this new little person -