Saturday, May 16, 2009

Minivan Mom


Pictured Above: Myself and my Mother's Day gift this year.....
My first Minivan!!
I've always been more of a pickup truck kinda girl, but as our family keeps growing, and growing, and growing! We found we were needing more room. I'd long since switched to driving a car, but my wonderful Chrysler Dynasty, a gift from my Grandparents, though it was still darn reliable, and can fit 6 people, and (that even with 3 carseats in the back!) was getting a lil squishy! So last Saturday, the day before Mother's Day, Leroy and I went van shopping-and came home with this 1999 Ford Windstar (yes, my husband is a Ford man! LOL!) But actually, other than the Chevy Venture that I fell in love with (because it could seat 8 rather than the 7 that the Windstar seats) I'm finding I'm pretty impressed with the Windstar myself! It's got LOTS of room in the back (this was a must-I'm prone to bringing home things like goats and I needed enough cargo space that the kids didn't have to hold them on their laps). The kids are begging to go for van rides-even when we don't have places to go-LOL!! (Ok, maybe we need lives...). But really, I think they are truly enjoying the extra room-and I'm loving not hearing "he/she's (insert annoying gesture here) me" from the backseat constantly!
And it's passed the goat test already-I just brought home a large, nubian doe, who is due to kid anytime now-and she fit perfectly in the cargo space (which Jesse thinks makes a nice place for naptime!).
It's fun to drive, although I'm a little nervous to find out how it does on fuel yet, not having used it quite enough to go through a tank!
All in all-it was a terrific Mother's Day gift!! (Hubby's happy-he got it covered good this year! :) )
And I am now officially a Minivan driving, soccer Mom!
Who woulda thunk?

No comments: