Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bundle of bunnies!!

What happens when a couple of enterprising farm kids decide they need bunnies....










My kids came running in, yelling, "Good news, mommy, good news!! We've got baby bunnies!!"



The thought that crossed my mind was "how?" I had put two does (sisters) in one cage, and I had a buck in another, very separate cage. I then decided I must be an idiot, and had mis-sexed one of the does, and ran a pair together. Filled now with self doubt-I mean seriously, I've checked A LOT of rabbits, and I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing! I went out to see a huge nest full of bunnies (the mom is Flemish Giant).



Jesse exclaimed how "now we can sell them and make money!!"



Still puzzling over this "miracle", I went in and called my husband. His response? "Oh, yeah, I saw the kids letting the boy rabbit (a dutch) "play" in the girls' hutch". He saw the rabbits "playing" and didn't say anything? LOL!!



At least I no longer doubt my abilities to tell the gender of the rabbits....

No comments: