Monday, July 23, 2007

Updates!!

Ok, I know, I know, I've been a bad, bad blogger!! What have I been up to, you might ask? Well, lets see...
We managed to get Wyatt's blocked tear duct cleared up!! How?? Well, one day while Leroy was at the chiropractor's, for an adjustment, it occurred to me to ask them if an adjustment might help Wyatt. The good Dr. told me he couldn't promise anything, but they could try. So I took Wyatt in for an evaluation-whew, are those hard on Mommies! The Dr was very good, and warned me first before he did anything, and patiently explained everything-but did you know they hang the baby upside down by their legs? And do a "mock drop" to check reflexes? Anyways, Wyatt got thru those tests just fine, but when the Dr checked his neck, he started wailing! The Dr did an adjustment, using his own finger for precision, along with the activator. I took Wyatt home. I didn't notice anything different for the first couple of days, but then I realized-hardly any goo! Took him back, and another adjustment later-and his eye has been completely clear! His check up today was perfect-no adjustments needed!! Really made me a believer in Chiropractic medicine!! Here's a pic of Wyatt, happily grinning in his exersaucer!!

What else...Well, Grandma and Grandpa Herzog bought Wyatt his own pony! That's right, he is now (at 4 mos old!) the proud owner of a little brown and white pinto Miniature horse named Buddy! (Coincidentially, the same name that a certain little sorrel pony my Dad bought for me when I was little was named! And no, we didn't change any names-he came with it!) Big brother and sister have agreed to work with their baby brother's pony for him, til he's old enough to work with him himself!
Here's a pic of Buddy and also one of Tabitha's pony, Prince (Note: I refer to them as ponies, however, they are properly called Miniature Horses).
Along with bringing home Buddy, I also brought home a couple of young male llamas. Now, I didn't have the intent of keeping them, they had already been sold to a gentleman who lived near us. Unfortunately, he changed his mind. So, while we were dithering what to do with them (well, I was dithering, Leroy was FLIPPING! LOL!) I decided to shear them! Here are the "Before" and "After" pix.
My mom's wonderful, patient, versatile neighbor, Kay came over to lend me a hand! The boys behaved quite well, and now I have several bags of llama fiber to sort, and then Kay said she will teach me to spin! YAY!! The llamas were then rehomed, to a nice lady nearby, as companions for a horse (much to Leroy's relief!). Jesse wasn't very happy about it though-when I loaded them up to deliver them to the lady, he asked me why I was taking "his" llamas away, and when I told them they had to go to a new home, he hung his head down pathetically and "aww." and then looked up at me and said "Why yama's need new home?" It was heartbreaking-you had to be there, I guess.


At the end of June, we had two little piggies born. We originally thought Mama pig was eating her babies, and scheduled her for a date with the butcher, only to come out and find that, not only was the one "missing" fella there, but she'd had another. So her bacon was saved for another day! Aren't these guys sweet??


Dolly gave birth to a lovely, sturdy little black bull calf (as is her habit-haven't had a heifer out of her yet!) Still, a healthy calf is a wonderful thing! I should move Dolly and her calf out to a different pasture, but haven't yet, b/c I've been enjoying watching him and Taffy play, play, PLAY! Not much nicer than a warm summer's evening, watching two beautiful, sleek, healthy lil calves play "king of the castle" on the muck heap! Mind you, the lil bugger sucks off Gabi as much as his own mother, which is kind of a pain!


As for knitting news, I've finished off Wyatt's first soaker (out of "Sailor's Dread" by Doodlebird's Creations). I love, love LOVE it! And actually, it seems to keep him cooler during this incredibly hot weather we are experiencing right now! And did I mention it is Cute!!?!



I've almost finished Tabitha's lil Briar Rose dress. I LOVE Briar Rose Fibers, and I love this pattern (Vine Flower Dress by Knitspot)!! Can't wait to see it on my lil sweetheart!



And I've started on another soaker for Wyatt, out of Donegan, by Irish Baby Knits/3 Irish Girls, on their squishy Peregrine Merino!!


I have promised Jesse a sweater next...


I also sewed up a pair of cute lil trainer pants for Tabitha, which she just adores!

I'm not sure if this covers the whole 2 mos + I seem to have been missing from the blogosphere, but at least it catches up a little bit on the hilights! (I hope!)

I will endeavor to be a more diligent blogger, henceforth!! : )

No comments: