Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Some knitting news!

Ok, time to post some knitting stuff!!

First of all-

This GORGEOUS skein is "Sea Pearl" by Briar Rose Fibers that I won in a contest put on by Connie of Pick Up Sticks. She asked us to guess the correct total number of skeins of Briar Rose she had ordered. My guess was 94! This skein is destined to become a pair of socks for me, I think!!

Next - some works in progress:


These are a pair of socks I'm knitting for my Mom out of "Emily" by Posh Yarn. 80% lambswool, 10% cashmere and 10% angora - YUM!! Pattern: Openwork Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks Needles: Aero 2.5mm dpns. The beautiful beaded stitch counter is courtesy of my friend, Sherri D of Intuibead.

This is my very first soaker, intended for Wyatt. I'm knitting it with soaker wool by Doodlebird's Creations , colourway "Sailor's Dread", using the Mini WonderSoaker pattern by WoolyWonders. So far, I'm loving how the colours are knitting up, and the pattern seems really easy to follow and knit. I am kinda regretting choosing to do the Mini soaker though, b/c the way Wyatt is growing, if I don't get it done soon, I'm rather afraid he's not going to fit it!! Yes, those are Knitpicks options circular knitting needles pictured-I just got them, and learned how to do the Magic Loop, and am loving every minute of working with them!!


And finally-a Finished Object!! Actually-a PAIR!! Yes-can you believe it! LOL!! Here are Dad's Llama wool socks (80% Llama fiber, 20% wool). Pattern: Crossover Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks Needles: Aero 2.5 mm dpns. Now if only Dad would hurry up and come visit and get them before a) He moves to Belize, where it'll be too warm to wear them or b) I am tempted to keep them and wear them, even though they'll be too big!

Well that's all for now, folks! Stay tuned for more news on another upcoming project (yep, already forgot my "rule" of only onething on the needles at a time!)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thank you for joing the Briar Rose Knit-a-long. Your Sea Pearl is beautiful. I can't wait to see what you do with it.
Your mom will love those socks, I'm sure!