Saturday, July 03, 2010

Candy-lions, Ram-Dodges and Jakey....

My kids have some interesting terms for things. They do know the real terms, but like to add their own flair. Kids after my own heart!! Some of Miss Tabitha's are: Flushies (Slushies)-she knows they're slushies, but seems to think Flushie fits it better-gives me the giggles everytime she mentions it!! She also tells people that we have a "slappy" fence. In case you were wondering, she is actually referring to our electric fence, the shocks from which I have often referred as "zaps". Our neighbors have a dog named "Ronan". Tabitha refers to her as "Rodent". And just yesterday, she came in with a new one-she brought me a dandelion, and said "here's a Candy-lion, just for you, Mom!!"

Jesse calls Dodges with the Ram symbol on them "Ram Dodges". And he is still a fervent Ford-Man!! In the parking lot at Superstore yesterday, the butcher was leaving work, and we happened to be parked next to his minivan. A conversation was struck up, and it quickly turned to vehicles. Jesse told the guy that we had a Ford minivan and he had a "Ram-Dodge". The guy said, "yeah, but they're pretty much the same thing, right?" Jesse quickly put him straight, stating "no, Ford is better. But I still like your Ram Dodge sticker. It's nice". The (bemused, I'm sure!!) butcher then left.

Tonight, after dinner, Leroy took Jacob for a bit. Wyatt has newly christened Jacob with his own nickname (to Jesse, Tabitha was Tab-Tab, and we call Wyatt little Wy-Wy). Anyways, Wyatt asks me from the table, in his (super husky, sweet little 3 year olds voice)-"where's Daddy taking Jakey?" Totally melted me....

I need to print this off, so I remember these things... Would love to scrapbook them!!!

1 comment: