Sunday, April 15, 2007

Happy 4th Birthday, Jesse!!

I can't believe it!! My first born is 4 years old already!! (Yes, it makes me a little weepy!!) Yesterday, April 14, was his birthday.
He requested a dinosaur cake, so I did a search and found this site:
http://tinyurl.com/38meys
Here's my rendition:



I also baked a spare sheet cake, in case things went wrong with the first. Because things worked out the first time and I didn't use it, I decided to decorate it too!

Here's a pic:
I was rather annoyed with the pattern on that site-they didn't have the pattern posted in actual size, and what a pain to guesstimate the size to make! But it turned out alright-at least Jesse was thrilled! Didn't taste too bad either! I was more organized for this party than I've ever been, but I was still VERY glad when my Mom phoned to see if I needed anything in town-I'd forgotten munchies and ice cream!! So she very kindly brought those for me!! Thanks Mom!!

Jesse was spoiled rotten with gifts, and Tabitha and Wyatt weren't left out either! We are soo blessed with such generous family and friends-it's overwhelming!
Jesse blowing out his candles:

(Note the dinosaur party hats)

We went last minute shopping for birthday hats and Jesse requested "dinosaur party hats" (his words-I just LOVE hearing him talk!) Of course, I couldn't FIND any dinosaur hats to buy, but I determinedly thought to myself "there must be some printable ones on the net!" Well, I was in luck! I found some here:
http://tinyurl.com/3xk5pn
I was thrilled-and so were Jesse and his guests!

And then, when the party was over (so we thought) and all the guests had gone home-we got another surprise! Grandpa Dave phoned from Uncle David's house and said they were coming over and bringing KFC!
Good thing I had that other cake!!
All in all, I think a great day was had by all!! The kids all slept well last nite, that's for sure!!